Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA export data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowndog

MIS
Jun 18, 2004
US
Good day all and thanks in advance.

Did a search through the previous posts but did not find what i was looking for.

I am not sure if this is possible or if i was doing it the wrong way. I am trying to locate stations that have access to a particular abbreviated dial list and dial code.

i am running a station export and attempting to use filters. my first choice is abbreviated dial list 3 type and i set the value as 3 (the dial code i am looking for is on this list).
my second filter choice is dial code and i set the value as 98 (dial code in question i am looking for).

i also went through the ASA help section but was not able to find more info in regards to using the export data feature.

i then set the fields i am looking to export as extension, name, abbreviated dial list 3 type and dial code.

not having much luck with this criteria.

Any thoughts?

Don't use the filters. Just export all stations and make sure you select the abreviated-dialing lists to include in the export. Open the results with Excel and sort that way to find them.

-CL

thanks for the reply lopes.

I had already tried that with no success. Here is a sample what that gets me back:
Name Extension Abbreviated-Dialing List 3 Type Dial Code

Rhett Taylor 2001 system
Tom Schuurmans 2002 system
Reese, Christina 2003 system
Bequette,Bryan 2004 system

i already know that abbr-dial list three is a system list.

I need to know specifically who has abbr-dial list 3 DC 98.

So the assumption is that all your extensions have 'System' set to Abbreviated-Dialing List 3. Anyone who knows the Feature Access Code for accessing the Abbreviated-Dialing List, say *03, has access to Dial Code 98 (*0398).
If your looking to see who has an AD button for List 3 DC 98, I don't know of any quick/easy way to to do that. But as long as they have the System AD list on their station, List 1, 2 or 3, than they have access to anything in that list.

you are correct tex.

a few people acctually have it programmed as a button on their phones.
it is used to re-route calls out of the call center in the event of an emergency. someone pressed it by accident the other day so that prompted a ticket to audit all of the phones to see who had the abbr-dial button on their phone.

i saw all of the different filters in the export data section i thought maybe there was a way to pull just that info.

My suggestion is get a list of people with authorization and need the ability to re-route calls. Create an AD Group for that purpose. Take it out of the System AD list to prevent giving anyone access to it.
Than if something like that happened again, you have a small group of extensions that have that AD Group assigned to them and can narrow down the suspects.
Also, once you remove it from the System list and it's only available to the people who need it, if anyone else has a button AD 3 DC 98, it's not going to do anything.

thanks for the suggestion tex. i will have to look into that. i think the only reason they have it as an abbr-dial is for ease of use.
look where that got them. lol

Thanks!

I would set something like that up as a special agent and skill. Give the agent a PW. That way someone has to do it on purpose. Then build the vector to check to see if someone is logged into the skill if yes route calls to where ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back