Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ASA 5505 setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdog1175

IS-IT--Management
Jan 10, 2007
US
I am installing a new ASA 5505 small office with 13 computers I have programmed and setup firewall everything works fine, now I need to connect a switch to connect the additional 6 computers. The problem is anything plugged into the switch doesn't receive IP from DHCP of ASA when plugged directly in to ASA works fine. Just strange never had this happen before. I have tried swapping cables, crossover cables and 3 different switches Cisco 2950, Netgear FSM7328, HP, if I manually setup IP I still can not ping the ASA is there a setup step I'm missing to allow switch to be attached to ASA?

can you post a scrubbed config??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Are you plugging it into the right port?

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

It is the default config I changed only the inside IP.

I think I'm plugging it in the right port, I'm plugging in to Ether0/1 port 1 on back of ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back