Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400 Servers on Windows Networks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ137

MIS
Feb 22, 2002
US
Our company has multiple AS400 servers running a variety of database programs (JDE is one in particular). Our network is Windows 2000 Active Directory. Users have separate accounts (with the same naming convention) to log onto the network and for the AS400 systems. We are about to switch to Windows 2000 Native Mode.

I can not think of one reason why we would have problems accessing the AS400 machines, as the switch to Native Mode is mostly related to the domain controllers.

Am I correct in thinking that concern about the AS400 functionality is a non-issue?

EDI, is Electronic Data Interchange,, used as a way for companies to exhange data, primarly as a way to place orders with suppliers.

Thanks for definition of EDI. I'd have to ask the AS400 admins if they use it, but I don't expect that they do extensively. Mostly it internal access for generating reports, etc. Would the use of EDI be affected by the Windows domain?

AS2Guru.. is there an issue with AD Native mode and an AS400 doing EDI?

As2Guru... Thanks for the confirmation! I thought my thinking made sense, but I wanted to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back