Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

as400 questions- am I in the right place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freak1

MIS
Nov 21, 2002
US
being a newbie to the as/400 world, I have a few questions. I'm hoping you good people can help. I hope I'm in the right forum.

when did IBM replace the as/400? and with what?
when did IBM stop supporting the as/400?
where can I get information about annualized cost on the as/400?
what are the preset day comparable systems? and by whom?
if you were going to upgrade the as400, what system would you go to?

thanks.

Freak1,

IBM has definately not stopped selling or supporting the As/400. They have just renamed the product.

Hope this helps

I understand, thanks.

I curious about the annualized cost associated with maintaining an as-400 as compared to what ibm is currectly selling. anybody know a good source on that type info?

also if you were going to upgrade from an as-400 to another platform, what would you suggest? I know it a very broad question. I'm just starting the search on info.

Hello Freak,

AS400 ranges from small specs for 10 users to multi-multi processors for 10.000 users. The cost aspect depends so much on what you need (or whether you lease or buy a machine) that you should take it up with IBM itself to sort it out....... T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back