Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400 Printing issue using Ricoh

Status
Not open for further replies.

juno9

MIS
Mar 21, 2003
US
I'm trying to get a Ricoh Aficia 1045 to work properly.

It's printing via IP but when the writer is released, the spool files go to a pending state and stay there until you hold abd re-release the file.

Does anyone know whether this could be related to emulation or drivers?

It's been set up as a 3812 device, attached via IP, port number 9100 and is using HP4000 for the manufacturer type.

Other printers that have been set up in this way work correctly.

Any help would be appreciated.

hi,juno9
i think@that the configuration may be not correct.
plz re-chech prtinter file,devd and outq.
do u have printer manual?
wscst is very sensitive,so be careful.

Have you tried *hp5si for the manufacturer type

I've just tested a large photocopier/scanner/printer and so far it seems to work fine ( V5R1 ).
I found the infomation for the devd at the IBM knowedge base

do a search for Ricoh Aficia.

Also make sure the spool pool has plenty of memory as I've had problems with large spool files not working which I read somewhere is due to the host print transform function taking too long to convert the spool file and the printer timing out.

hope this helps

I have also had trouble with both Ricoh and Sharp printers.
Check your port numbers between the AS400, the TCP/IP config page via your browser, and the NIC settings.
I have often found that the AS400 needs to be increased by one.
e.g. Set TCP/IP config at 9099, then set AS400 to 9100.

Hello, I'm using the HP5Si (V5R1), on a a Ricoh 4510L with a high capacity tray on it; it has trays 1-4 and a high capacity tray (HCT). The printer is defined as a remote outqueue with an IP address assigned to it. Is there a way I can get the printer to pull from the HCT instead of the default tray 1? I've looked at the OVRPRTF command; there is a source drawer parameter which accepts only numeric values or a form definition. Anyone know how to define the source tray parameter to get the Ricoh to print from the HCT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back