Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400 Domain Membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

djrampant

Technical User
Oct 30, 2002
GB
We have an AS400 on our network that is supported by a 3rd party.

Recently we have migrated multiple NT domains into just 2 to make our administration simpler.

However we still have one of the old domains showing in the network browser.

After hours of investigation we have pin-pointed this to the AS400.

When i run a scan on our network it shows the AS400 being a member of domain that has been removed.

Can anyone tell me how to view the network settings on the AS400 itself, or even better tell me how to change its domain membership.

Thanks

Darren.

The DSPNETA command should give you some information as well.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for here you have been, and there you will always long to return."

--Leonardo da Vinci

I should have stated that I have no AS400 knowledge so will need basic instructions.
Thanks
Darren

I have looked at both previos answers.
neither of these show the domain it is displaying.

In Ops Navigator, Choose your system, then Network | Servers | TCP/IP. Right click on AS/400 NetServer and choose Properties. It may be different for you, but click on the "Next Start" button. That allows you to change the Domain. I would recommend you to have your AS/400 administrator change it if you are unsure.

iSeriesCodePoet
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]
Want to have all your bookmarks in one spot?

Hi there,
I have looked at the AS400 and the NetServer service isn't running.

I would love to have "your AS/400 administrator change it if you are unsure" but we dont even have one!!

Try this:

CHGTCPDMN (Change TCP/IP Domain) then hit [F4].
Verify the settings for the hostname, domain name, IP address, etc. They should be listed here.

Press [ENTER] to change.

Hope that helps.

J.R.

Hi jrjuiliano

We are using Client Access Express 4.3

I have looked at the settings you said but this doesnt show the netbios domain name.

All references on the AS400 point to cateringandallied.com

The domain that appears on the scan is CASDOM.

There are no references to CASDOM in our wins or dns either as I have cleared them out and checked them through.

Thanks

Darren

Well, if NetServer isn't running and you don't have the origonal CA. Then I don't know how it can even be listed under "Netword Neighborhood". I would do the "In Ops Navigator, Choose your system, then Network | Servers | TCP/IP. Right click on AS/400 NetServer and choose Properties. It may be different for you, but click on the "Next Start" button. That allows you to change the Domain." anyways and see if that fixes it.

iSeriesCodePoet
IBM iSeries (AS/400) Programmer
[pc2]
Want to have all your bookmarks in one spot?

Hi there, sorry for the delay in replying.

I have done some further investigation and have ran the nbtstat command from windows. It seems that the AS400 is broadcasting its address over the subnet it is sat in.

If i look at a server in the same subnet I am able to search for the AS400 using the find computers option in windows.

However if I try this outside the subnet I find nothing due to the broadcasts being blocked by our routers.

The output from nbtstat is below.

Any ideas??

Darren

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Version 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-2000 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>nbtstat -A 10.10.11.3

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [192.168.100.50] Scope Id: []

NetBIOS Remote Machine Name Table

Name Type Status
---------------------------------------------
CASDOM <00> GROUP Registered