Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS400 Commands_User Listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigs68

MIS
Apr 11, 2003
US
I am an IS Auditor and just received Command Line Access for an AS400 Machine that has a JD Edwards Application on it. I was wondering what command I have to do in order to get a listing of

1. Users with Access to the AS400

2. Users with Access to JD Edwards and their repective capabilities on JD Edwards.

Thanks

For the first question:

[tt]DSPUSRPRF USRPRF(*ALL) OUTPUT(*OUTFILE) OUTFILE(your_library/USERS)[/tt]

Then, WRKQRY, create a new query with Option 1. Select the file you specified on the OUTFILE parameter of the DSPUSRPRF command. The field UPSTAT in that file will either be '*ENABLED' or '*DISABLED'. All kinds of useful information can be found in that file.

As to JDE security, I'm not familiar with that - perhaps someone else here can point you in the right direction.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward, for here you have been, and there you will always long to return."

--Leonardo da Vinci

Within JD Edwards, I would start by looking at the
following files:

F0001 - Business Unit Security File
F0003 - Action Security File
F0082 - Menu Master
F0092 - User Library List Control

- vbMax

FYI... If you are on a JDE box, and have access to JDE. Log onto the box ( if multiple enviroments, check each one seperately) choose an enviroment, then type in menu " G94" then option 9. This will allow you to see all users (within JDE) and their privledges as well as drill down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back