Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

as400 commands 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gq4

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2002
US
Can anyone tell me if there is a site I can get a list of commands for the AS400? I really need to know a few more commands and what they actually do.

That is exactly what I needed.

Thanks

If you want a full lists of commands on the AS400 there are a few ways of doing it without having to read any books!!

1) issue command GO MAJOR
This will give you all the commands that you need Broken down into relevant functionality .

2) You could also finds commands by doing a
Ccommands . ie all as400 save commands start with SAV

Similarly all restore commands start with RST
DSPOBJD OBJ(QSYS/RST*) OBJTYPE(*CMD)

you get the picture ..

Also remember that all commands can be prompted

Most commands that you will need are in Library QSYS .

Hope this helps you

Gerry

The easiest and the one that is on the AS/400 is from command Line do a CMD 4. From that menu it will show every command on the AS/400 through different options. Pick a command then do a F1 and F2 and it will show you a description of the Command.

Hi
On any command line, type in WRKCMD then hit <F4>
You will get another window, type in *ALL & press <enter>
This will display all the commands starting at 'A'
Roll Down to go thru the list. Put a '9' beside one that you'd like and hit <F1> and then <F2>, this will explain what the command is all about.

A cardinal rule from IBM: WRK??? is all work commands,
DSP??? is display commands, STR??? is start, etc
If you remember this rule, then using the WRKCMD trick above can narrow down your search!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back