Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS2000: Opening Period Not returning all data

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackman99

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
GB
Hi,
I have two cubes which are the same structure, one contains historical data (2004-2006) and the other is current (2007) Using some MDX I try to return OB and CB figures:
WITH
[Measures].[FNEEnr]
AS
'CoalesceEmpty((Measures.[Enrolled], [INSERT DATE BY YWD].CurrentMember ) ,
(Measures.[FNEEnr],[INSERT DATE BY YWD].CurrentMember.NextMember))'
[Measures].[FNeOB]
AS
'([Measures].[FNEEnr], OpeningPeriod([INSERT DATE BY YWD].[Day]) )'
select

{[Measures].[FNEEnr] ,
[Measures].[FNeOB]} ON COLUMNS,
{DESCENDANTS([INSERT DATE BY YWD].[Year].&[2004])} ON ROWS
from [Historical_CUBE]

(code the same for [Current_CUBE])

However for the hist cube the query does not work/return the data: (<> donates no data in cell)
FNEEnr FNeOB
2004 70000 <>
Week32 <> <>
1 <> <>
2 <> <>
etc
However for the current_CUBE it returns:
FNEEnr FNeOB
2004 20000 12000
Week32 18000 12000
1 12000 12000
2 12000 12000
etc

Any ideas would be greatlly appreciated
Cheers

If both cubes have the same structure why not start off by bring them together in a virtual cube? What is the purpose of having a historical and a current cube? THis kind of defeats one of the purposes of having cubes.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

A new strategy was put in place for the data here , as a consequence the current one is more of a development cube, as the new methodologies developed are used to catpure ongoing data, and to make sure it staus distinct it is going into a seperate fact table. The historical table is based on old data which has been converted into the new format, but as the MDX code works on the format / newdata but not format / olddata, I assume that there is a error / gap in the old data. I was just hoping that it was something well known to why the OB would not work

were it 2004 is referrenced as .&[2004] you may want to change that to where you explicity define the full qualafied path to 2004 &[] calls the Member key and it may be possible that in the cube you are having troubles with that &.[2004] isn't the year 2004.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back