Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS2 - walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

eanda10

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
US
can somebody please advise me which ports in my firewall I have to open to receive data from Wal-Mart my understanding is that I have to open every port greater then 1023

which to me is absolutely ridicules and dangerous it is like inviting hackers into your system (EVEN if you lock it down to just those 4 ip addresses that they provided)

I called their helpdesk and got two different answers

anybody got a clue

I believe Walmart is 5080 or 6080. You only pick one port to listen on.

I believe you do have to open all ports greater than 1023 from those 4 IP addresses. However, I'm wondering, security wise, is it really that dangerous as it's limited to only 4 fixed IP addresses that Wal-mart owns?

I just started testing with walmart and the email i recieved from them stated "send us your ip address and port number"

So I think what I was told was wrong and I am going with the assumtion that you only have to open 1 port ?

We opened up port 5080 and passed the testing with out any problems. We had the same issues and couldn't get straight answers from them either.

Walmart does use ports 5080. You will at least need to listen on that port. It should not be hard to restrict inbound traffic through the firewall for Wallmart's limited IP Addresses (only 4).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back