Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS2 software: What do you think of Mendelson

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilx2

Programmer
Mar 27, 2007
US
thread85-1457210

We are using one of the expensive commercial AS2 programs to connect to those of our EDI trading partners which require us to use AS2.

The software company charges an addidtional license fee for each new trading partner. And if the partner has a test server, that would count as another partner if we left it configured, so we have to test with the test server, and then change the setup to the production server.

And on top of that there is an annual fee for tech support!

So my bosses would like to get away from this high-priced package and go with a freeware alternative. Of the free AS2 projects we have seen on the web, Mendelson seems to be closest to ready-for-primetime.

If you have some experience, good or bad, using Mendelson in a production environment, I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

I found Cleo too expensive especially with GXS so moved to Orion Pathfinder (
I haven't looked back since.

Did you go with Mendelson? If yes, how is it working. We to are looking for a new AS2 program provider.

For your information, thinking that the license cost of stand-alone softwares that implement the AS2 transport protocol are usually too expensive, I have recently started BabelAS2, an open source implementation of AS2. It is current hosted at Google Code, ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back