Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

as2 issues with walmart 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

endwellslim

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2004
US
We use Cyclone to trade EDI docs w/ walmart. An almost daily occurence is "receiving" duplicate documents from walmart. I've contacted walmart and they said it was our problem but our cyclone support team says it's walmart... I think I believe walmart! Has anyone experienced a problem like this?

We currently do not have that problem becuase we dont do AS2 with them. But It is one of the customers that we are going to be doing it with. We also have Cyclone. And from what you are saying is that you have problems with it and they said that it wasnt them... That is scary to me..

I've been doing AS2 with Wal-Mart for over a year now, but I'm not using Cyclone. Check your logs for dups, I've never received one.
Are you trapping the previously received files and not processing them twice?

Bob

Thanks Bob.

Our internal cyclone team doesn't check for dupes, they say that's an app issue... I'm still trying to convince them otherwise.

Here's the error we get from the comm session:

001068 HPOS ERR iSocketRead() returned 232

Our internal cylone team insists it's Walmart's problem, but whe they asked the Cyclone support, they found that many (if not ALL) Cyclone users have the same problem with WalMart. Of course Cyclone blames Walmart also... Puts the Cyclone software in a bad light!

This looks to be a loss of the connection to your SQL Server during a read.

When this error happens, what type of MDN is being sent back to Wal-Mart. If the MDN is sent as reject, then Wal-Mart may just be requeing the data to be resent, causing the duplication of data.

I had run into this with another partner when the connection would time out, but after I had received enough data to make the EDI valid. I would process then see duplication comming through.

See following link for some socket errors around this same one:

[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back