Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS2 - Buy now or later? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsmwh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2003
US
We are in the process of contacting the Drummand certified AS2 providers. We would like to connect with 50+ trading partners. However, with the pricing stucture at a per trading partner level, I am not sure whether we should jump in to the fray immediately, or wait until competition brings the price down.

I have been told the price can range from $3000 - $250,000?
Can one software be that much better than another? We will be running on RS6000.

Anyone's input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the post JayV. I was going to make a comment about the $$$'s associated with Sterling's Integration Suite.

If only it were simply a choice of what model of a cadilac to buy...............

We got the costs for an AS2 plugin program from sterling commerce, they called it EDIINT, but they bought it from cyclone, so you are practically guarenteed that if your TP is using cyclone then you can exchange easily. The costs we got from cyclone for this product was usd60,000.00 the same from sterling, we didn't buy it as we only need it for 2 TP's. Anyone know of any discounts on AS2 for use with 2 TP's ?

We got an unlimited TP version of Lexicom but for the AS2 protocol only for around $2k which I think is very reasonable.

If you're on the AS/400, I absolutely recommend taking a look at Trailblazer Systems. Among the many benefits, I avoided having to do an $$$ CPU upgrade for the 400 that some of the other vendors highly recommended before doing an install. That made management very happy.

I would like to add that I am skeptical of this free software give away by some of these AS2 vendors. Remember DSL providers who gave their software away for free? Where are they now? A business model like that rarely, if ever, works. After doing our research, we purchased our AS2 solution from a stable and profitable company with, what I might add, an impressive client base. I can sleep easy at night knowing we won't have to rework our AS2 solution.

There are solutions that are less expensive. I know that Trailblazer has a package that is unlimited for the AS2

Thanks for your post edianalyst. I would like to know were you purchased Lexicom from for only $2000. I have tried some of their resellers and they have quoted me quite a bit more.

Thanks.

We got ours as a bundle with TLW from Inovis, I'm not sure if its different when you require a lot more hosts and purchased alone.

John504i,

I think pricing on Lexicom may depend upon platform. I know our base price was @1,500.00 (win 9t) with 1 host, but then there is a addon one time charge for each additional host ($495) you license for. So depending upon how many host you need it could addup.

Then you have the annual maint fee...which is a % of your total, I think.

Try contacting CLEO directly, you can purchase and work with them if you want. We did.

LEE

We are interesting in review for the vendors for AS2 software on AS400 platform. We are using TDAcces for Wal-mart. We are also interested the cost of license and how many TP's per license, what is the license fee, maintenance fee and etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back