Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS path filtering for show ip bgp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamdinner

MIS
Nov 10, 2006
US
Hi,
Does anyone have a way around the address column width shortfall in the Cisco IOS 'show ip bgp' output, when using AS path search criteria?
The address/mask column is only 16 characters, while a full ipv4 addr/mask is 18 characters. The resulting line break for prefixes greater than 16 characters does not display the ip address when filtering 'show ip bgp' on an AS path.
For example:
show ip bgp | in [as path]
show ip bgp | sec [as path]
(both useless)
Is there a regular expression that will display previous/following output lines? Or any other way?

you need to use sh ip bgp regexp <regular_expression> to get the full output. so if i want to find prefixes that have 64512 somewhere in the as-path i would use sh ip bgp regexp 64512. you can get more granular as needed with the regexp.

Ah that's fantastic! I saw the regexp argument show up in a search hit, but I thought it was just a placeholder (<regular_expression>). Why couldn't they name it something staightforward like AS? That'll teach me to read IOS help lines more thoroughly.

Thanks unclerico!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back