Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS Manager crashes running on Exchange server

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbeattie

MIS
Dec 20, 2002
US
I have an annoyance. On a couple of boxes here, we have installed both Arcserve 2000 and MS Exchange 5.5 (and the Exchange Agent). The backup jobs run fine, and the mail works fine too. But Arcserve Manager crashes mysteriously on these machines, always when we're not looking at them of course. I always just restart it and it's there when I use it, but if I leave it alone for a few hours, I usually have to open the manager back up again.

On machines where Arcserve 2000 is installed but not Exchange, the manager stays running as I would expect.

Any ideas? Or barring a fix, is there a way to start the manager program so that it jumps right to the job status? I prefer to not use the quick access screen.

Thanks in advance!

HI,

On the manager... go to view\preferences....

select "Default Manager" and choose Job status...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

speshalyst,

My preferences window only has a Global Settings and a Prune Activity Log Setting tab, neither of which has anything resembling a Default Manager setting.

Thanks for the reply, though!

Hi

The reason as to why the manager might crash is due a Drwatson on the asrunjob.exe the best method and the permanent solution which i have expierenced is to do the following

stop all the services of ARcserve
copy the 00000001.qsd and the database folder on to a different drive

uninstall arcserve base product alone

reinstall it

apply service pack 4

stop the services of arcserve

replace the database and the qsd folders

restart the services

stop the backupagent rpcserver service

go to the arcserve page and apply the cumulative bick level patch

and restart the services

this has solved ly problem