Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

as a 2nd owner,how can I remove the bios pass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenwenjun

Technical User
Nov 9, 2002
RW
It is a Laptop, toshina satellite 1800
I only got a user pass, and I thought it was all I need to know.
I formatted the HHD and found I could not boot from floopy.
And I found I could find no access to the BIOS. I press the ESC then <F1>, instead of going to the BIOS, I got another rebooting...
There must be a BIOS pass.... I know how to remove the pass of desktops, but this laptop?
I tried to open some lids on the bottom. I found no jumper though there is one I could not open due to special screws.....
I called Toshina service, because, I am out of the warranty and I was not the buyer.... I have to pay for the removal.....(I will take that as the last resort)

&quot;Learn till the last breath.&quot;

thanks, strangely, I can not get into this link.

Try this lot then

Also look for an LPT loopback adapter you will have to make up on the net. it is out there

aspectz

AWARD BIOS:
AW
AWARD
AWARD_PS
AWARD_PW
AWARD_HW
AWARD SW
AWARD_SW
Award SW
AWARD PW
_award
awkward
alfaromeo
J64
j256
j262
j322
HLT
SER
SKY_FOX
Syxz
aLLy
CONCAT
TTPTHA
aPAf
HLT
KDD
ZBAAACA
ZAAADA
ZJAAADC
djonet

AMI BIOS:
AMI
ami
bios
setup
cmos
AMIDECODE
A.M.I.
AMI SW
AMI_SW
BIOS
PASSWORD
HEWITT RAND
Oder
A.M.I.
AMI!SW
AMI?SW
HEWITT RAND
alfarome
efmukl

Phoenix:
phoenix

Compaq:
compaq

Tinys:
Tiny

Other known defaults:
LKWPETER
lkwpeter
BIOSTAR
biostar
BIOSSTAR
biosstar
ALFAROME
Syxz
Wodj
PASS
PASSOFF
CONDO
J64
BIOS
SETUP
CMOS
admin
system

Entering BIOS setup
If you can't work out what to press during boot in order to access the BIOS setup, try this handy list:
AMI, Award: Del during boot.
Toshiba: Esc during boot.
Toshiba; Phoenix; Late model PS/1 Value Point and 330s: F1 during boot.
NEC: F2 during boot.
Compaq: F10 when square in top RH corner of screen.
IBM PS/2s w/ Reference Partition: Ins during boot.
Dell: Reset twice following by Alt Enter.
Some PS/2s: Alt ?
Some PS/2s when pointer at top right of screen: Ctrl Ins.
AST Advantage, Award, Tandon: Ctrl Alt Esc.
Phoenix: Ctrl Alt S or Ctrl S.
Zenith, Phoenix: Ctrl Alt Ins.
Tandon 386: Ctrl Shift Esc.
Olivetti PC Pro: Shift Ctrl Alt + Num Pad Del.
Others: Ctrl-Esc, Ctrl Alt +

If you can boot the computer and just want to reset the BIOS password so you can set it yourself, type the following (note: this is a risky procedure, and can be harmful to your BIOS if it isn't compatible. Use the mentioned procedure only if you know what you are doing).
Run the DOS program 'debug'
Type:
o 70 17
o 71 17
q

BIOS password revealing software
The following site has a large list of BIOS password revealing applications:

Thanks to all.
I had no luck (or I did not dare to try some moves labelled as risky) with the software you introduced me.
I was tired of all this, and I came to Toshina people and paid for clearing that Bios password.
Universal price is 300rmb ($37) in my country. Ofcourse they did it secretly and fast.

But I would like to share some information with other people who has the Toshiba Laptop:

The Bios can be set in OS at a higher level (administrator level) with the utillity called 'toshiba console'than in DOS mode.
In DOS mode, you only can set the user's password. and without Adimin. pass, you can not get into the BIOS.
That was my problem, I only had a User pass, not a Administrator Pass. So, after formatting, I found myself a desperate fool, also, I could dismantle my HD, connect it to a desktop via a adaptor, and clone a system into C: and put it back in Toshiba and make it functioning , The problem would only be that I have to live with other people's password for the rest of my life.....

Hope you understand this all, and it is helpful to those thshiba owner (2nd handed owner)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back