Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AS/400 Remote Writer outq issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

glennhick

MIS
Jan 6, 2004
AU
i have a RMTWTR outqueue pointing to a IBM 2381-001 printer via a D-link print share box.
it all works great.. except for the seperator page printing in between each print job.. so this is wasting a pre-printed page (ie $$)

i have set the option in the outq description to "Print Seperator page:NO".. but this has no affect.

any ideas ??
thanks
glenn

In the rmtoutq description, check the destination options parm. It should be:
Destination options . . . . . . XAUTOQ XAIX

The knowledgebase says the 'Print Seperator page' parm may or may not work in a TCP/IP environment.

hth

The IBM Knowledge base also has the following: "The Print separator page (SEPPAGE) parameter in the output queue description controls whether the remote writer will request a banner page or TCP/IP trailer page to be printed. However, some print servers or LAN adapters can be configured to enable or disable the printing of the TCP/IP trailer page regardless of the setting in the SEPPAGE. If this has been done, the TCP/IP trailer page could be printed when the SEPPAGE parameter is set to *NO or the TCP/IP trailer page could be suppressed when the SEPPAGE parameter is set to *YES."

I would suggest that you check the print server and LAN settings for trailer pages.

Sawedoff

Thanks for the info guys.. however its still not working properly.
ive set the dest options as requested and also checked the print server for any seperator page setting.. nothing there.

any more thoughts?
thanks
glenn

check your print file:
ex: chgprtf qsysprt --> F4
press F10
page down until:
Page range to print: PAGERANGE
Starting page . . . . . . . . 1
Ending page . . . . . . . . . *END
Max spooled output records . . . MAXRCDS 100000
File separators . . . . . . . . FILESEP 0

try file separators = 0

try putting the print server in hex dump mode
print a page and check the output for a form feed being the last character.

hi os400,

checked the qsysprt info.. its already set to file seperators=0.
not sure if i can get the print server to go to hex mode.. nothing in the config for it.
by the way.. this didnt do this when the printer was an actual writer connected to the as400.. only once i changed it to a remote writer.

thanks for your assistance.... any other ideas?
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back