Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARX_ERROR: eNot That Kind of Class? Land Development

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalvor

Technical User
Oct 6, 2003
US
I use Autodesk Land Development software and received what I assume to be an AutoCad drawing (.dwg extension). As I incorporated it into a project that I created I received the following message "ARX_ERROR:eNotThatKindofClass" and am unable to use any of my Land Development commands on the drawing (i.e. create points, drawing setup,etc.). I receive that same message. Would anybody know what this error means and is there any way to make this drawing compatible with my Land Development software? Any information would be most helpful. Thank you.

P.S. I am not a AutoCad/Land Development expert by any means but have used the programs for a few years. I am also brand new to this site (or anything like it).

Have you tried to run audit on the drawing before bringing it into your land development software? You also may want to try creating a dxf file of the drawing and importing it into a new drawing file and blast the old drawing file.[Bomb]

i am 99% sure its because the version of cad you have on your cpu is older than the dwg was saved as.... ex. you have ldd r2 and the drawing was saved as ldd r3. you'll need to save the drawing down to r14 then open it, should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back