Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arserve 6.6 and Netware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 30, 2001
GB
We are using Arcserve 6.6 on a Netware 5.1 server, and I have installed the Arcserve Manager for 6.6 onto a W2K machine (and a win98 machine). But everytime I try and create a backup job from Arcserve Manager, or do a Resotre

I get the following error....

Failed to submit Job

Error Code B: ArcserveIT Queue was not detected. Please check that you have the right connection type (DS or bindery) for the Installation of ArcserveIT.

I have to therefore run backups jobs from the server, and even more of a worry I have torestore from the server, which is not ideal.

The only thing that I have found on this that is productive is a tid on but it talks about win95, which I am not using.

I want to use Arcserve Manager, has anyone experienced this problem?

Can anybody help please.

Thanks

Lloyd

Does your ArcServe startup without error on the AS-Queue? You may try AS6Util to verify, that your AS Objects in the NDS are without corruption.
Do you have IPX loaded and bind to Server and Workstation or are you running pure IP?
Does the Server have a Replica or not?
Let me know, maybe I have some other suggestions for you.
bye
fox

Thanks for the suggestions, I have run the as6util and there are no errors in Arcserve.

IPX is not bound to the server, I read somewhere that it may have to be bound on the server?

I have ipx bound to my workstation on my card. The server does have a replica, there are 8 replicas.

If you have any ideas that would be great

Ta

Lloyd

Lloyd,

So the server does have a Replica, in which the Queue Object is - hmmm.

Well, since AS 6.6 can't run in pure ip, I would load and bind IPX on the Server and try how it would start (astart6) and try to submit the job again.

Did the Arcserve run before somewhen with this configuration, or is this a new installation?
bye and talk to you later,
fox

We are using a cluster server, so I have bound ipx to the card on the cluster server that Arcserve is on.

I still get the error, when trying to Restore/Backup files from the Manager. I have set my NWclient to ipx prefered protocol and I get an ipx Trans type in my Netware Connections.

I have never been able to useArcserve Manager to restore/backup files.

Any more ideas?

Thanks

Lloyd

Don't know if this'll help, but....... ARCserve will go through the first bound protocol on the NIC. Try binding IPX first, then IP.

guru

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back