Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arserve 6.1 & W98 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

YBLJack

MIS
Feb 4, 2000
US
Visit site
When ever i exit from Arcserve Manager my machine<br>

locks up. I have tried a few things and nothing works. <br>

<br>

Soyo AMD K6/450 128Meg.<br>

Novell 3.2 IntranetWare Client32 - 2.2.0.0<br>

Arcserve 6.1 for Netware - Build 78.003 4/9/97.<br>

Windows 98 4.10.1998 - Explorer Ver 4.72.3110.1<br>

AOL 5.0 & Internet Explorer 5.00.2314.1000<br>

<br>

Please Email me at JTYBL@aol.com or call me on our <br>

wats line 800-933-1335.<br>

<br>

Thanks.<br>

Jack Thornton - Youngblood Lumber Company

Thought this was a documented problem from awhile ago, but checked again anyway. Straight from the CAI's website (note the last sentence):<br>
<br>
Q. How do I manage jobs with ARCserve and what kind of workstations can I use? <br>
A. You can manage your jobs (backup, restore, copy) from the ARCserve manager which is a GUI Interface installed on the workstation. The manager will run on Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and NT. Only the ARCserveIT 6.6 manager will run on Windows 98.

I have the exact same problem as jack but I do have ArcserveIT 6.6<br><br>Windows 98 just freezes, is there an update patch?

YBLJack, and others -<br><br>I had the same issue.&nbsp;&nbsp;CAI emailed me an updated &quot;ASCOMM.dll&quot; file.&nbsp;&nbsp;After install, no more freezing.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will want to install this file from wherever your client is installed (local/network).<br><br>Following the link for direct email support for your product version, from CAI:<br><br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> this helps ~<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back