Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS (yes another)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtele

Vendor
Dec 17, 2003
US
According to the ARS print I pulled, pool 890 is primary, if full, then 891...and so on with pool 70 being last.

Question. If I simulate a downed T1 (pool 890) shouldnt the system recognize that and throw me to the next available pool to make an outgoing call?

Legend R7

As smart as the legend is, it does not look at a down T-1 as the same as being busy, therefore it will attempt to access those trunks first.

Any way in the event of a downed T1 that you can make the system skip the T1 pool group?

No, but you could let your customer know that if the T-1 goes down, they can dial the access code for the next pool. this bypasses the ARS, but at least gets them calls.

If the T-1 is down, and is in route 1, the Legend will "know" it, and take the next available pool. If you are getting dead air, it's not from the T-1.

Pepperz@charter.net

The customer tried testing that by unplugging the t1 and dialing out. Dead air....

If there is dead air, then one or more of the CO Trunk ports in the backup pool are dead.

Pepperz@charter.net

If you relabel your lines in programming from "outside" to PRI 1, PRI 2, POTS 1, POTS 2, etc.. you can view in the display what line the Legend is trying to call out on when you place the call. This can be a usefull diagnostic tool.

They are labeled with a trunk number. When testing this, the number gets dialed and analyzed by ARS, but no trunk port pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back