Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ars through scn

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinczar

Vendor
Sep 27, 2008
US
site A has IP500 4.2 (20). Site B is a 406V2 4.2(14)been installed for awhile.
site B has the PRI service site A needs to utilize for PSTN outgoing/incoming calls.
Site B no problems
IP trunks between sites A and B are functional for SCN and incoming calls from PRI service to the users desk phone at site A, however Site A cannot make an outgoing call through Site B using PRI.
site A
example
ARS
code N;
telephone number 9N
feature dial

I can PRI Bchannel being tapped but the phone states "Incompatable" If 1N is dial same results only display states "Busy" I do have ARS codes for 1N

That shortcode is incomplete, what line id does it dial out on and what line id is the ARS trunk? Also I would imagine they are dialling a 9 also so that means your shortcode is sending the 9 twice and this may be why it's failing, is this a true SCN or just routed using shortcodes? What is the system the other side of the SCN expecting?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

It did start working not sure why. Now you do raise interesting notion though. The only way I have ever connected SCN's are at remote locations is to dial a short code to the systems handling the PSTN trunks. such as 9 or other digits for outgoing caller purposes. Is their another way using SCN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back