Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS Routing Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvercas

IS-IT--Management
Mar 31, 2004
US
Hello,

Within Avaya Site Manager, ARS Analysis table (list ars analysis location 1) we have some entries I believe are no longer needed. For instance we have entries for digits 3,4,5 for min and max digits of 7 going out route path 4 hnpa. If Im not mistaken I believe these were needed before ten digit dialing. So currently if someone is calling 13305551212 it will dial 2125551212. Beside truncating the number what else were these used for? If I delete them will all dialing be ten digits unless otherwise setup in (list ars analysis location 1)?

Thank You

ARS Analysis table is only referenced once you use the ARS Feature access code (so 9 or 0 whatever you have configured for an outside line)

To be honest, if all calls are using one route pattern, put digit = 0 minimum 6 and max 24 then route to the right route pattern, format is public....

you need to put in additional lines if you want to tie down certain numbers or route out over other trunks.

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

danparrish

we use 9 for outside line. so digit 9 min 6 max 24 and route pattern?

I wouldn't put min/max 6/24 in your ARS table. Its there for you to apply a level of permissions to dial certain digits.
so, min/max 10/10 hnpa, give it a route with FRL 1.
11 digits - fnpa, give it FRL 2
Block out the carribean countries that are part of the North American number plan (1+area code+ 7 digits) that can have nasty surprises.
011 + country code - FRL 5/6/7 and segregate out which countries are cheap to call and OK vs the ones that are several dollars per minute.

Read this.

exactly, you can have it as simple or complex as you like, 9 = Access to ARS table. then put in the matching patterns that you would expect to dial. 0 min 6 max 24 is an example that would cover all numbers, but as Kyle suggests you can limit this to prevent certain international numbers being dialed, you may also want to put in 999 min 3 max 3 = emergency etc...

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back