Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ars routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioxone

Technical User
Jul 22, 2005
US
we use meet me conf. for internal calling, but no matter how many times we tell the users to dial there 4 digit meeting number when in the office they dial the 800 number. So what i want to do is when a user dials that number i want the pbx to send it to the meet me vdn. the users wont know but it will save me like $8000 a year.

thanks for your help

You can play with the ARS digit conversion tables to do this for you. Really nice feature.

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

or you can make an ars entry 1800XXXXXXX, send it to a route pattern where you delete the digits & insert what you want.

Thanks irisngen, i changed that ars digit conversion to send the call to the vdn and it works great.

You should also do ARS digit conversion for everyone of your DID's. You would be suprissed how many people will dial 9 1 area code and phone number to call the office down the hall...

yeah i know, it would make sense to just use 4 digit but...... We all know how users are. Thanks

I had some people here at one time that were dialing the sex hot lines at night and the charges were coming back to me. I didnt have a CAS at the time. Thats when I started playing around with the ARS digit conversion. I could have just denied the calls but their wouldn't be much fun in that. In the ARS digit conversion tables I had it set up so when they dialed the 1-800-xxx-xxx sex hotline it actually dialed xxx-xxxx and went the a local church 24 hour prayer line. One was sent to my exwifes home number(totally by mistake).

You have to have some fun at work.... [cheers]

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
(Plato)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back