Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS/Route Pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitz

Vendor
Nov 2, 2006
US
I changed carriers on Monday and ever since I am unable to dial 1-888 numbers. All other local, LD and toll-free work correctly.

While working with the carrier today, we were able to determine that this PBX is inserting an extra number (a 7)at the end of the dialed string.

To make matters even more confusing I can send other toll free (such as 1-800) out the same route pattern without issue.

No where can I find where this PBX should be adding the extra digit.

Anyone have a clue? This is a Definity G3siV8 and thus I do not have the ability to trace the call using a TAC.

disp ars dig 18

anything there?

list ars rou 1888(the entire number)#

what route pattern is going out, check that route pattern

Put a trace up on your phone (list trace station xxxx) and dial the numbers. It should show you the nuber dialed and the number sent along with the route pattern used.

Kevin

The route pattern I am using is the same one that I am using with other toll-free numbers and these work without adding a 7. This fact alone has made this quite strange.

I am unable to trace due to the software release being to old. Neither trace station or trace TAC is avaliable making this more difficult.

U should be able to Trace in Terminal Emulator. Can't Trace is GEDI. Just a thought.

What is your hardware platform? What is your Definity software version?

I can help with call tracing in your switch.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Thanks for the assistance but this is a Definity G3siV8 and the option to trace either a station or a TAC is NOT an available software option.

The issue is that this is placing digits on the END of the dialed string.

For instance if a user dials 1-888-282-XXXX the PBX is sending 1888282xxxx7 to the carrier, which is then rejecting the call. However if I dial this same number (bypassing the routing) using the TAC for the trunk it works.

I do not know of any way to get a route pattern to enter numbers onto the END of a dialed set of digits.

I can do tracing in your switch with "mst"
This tool was available long before the ones you speak of.
Let me know if you want help.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Sounds like a great idea. I will give you a call.

Steve

Hello,

I have a similar problem...

I can dial long distance call.. example.. 917206616455 and it works perfecly.. but if I try to dial... 917202665561 it doesn't work.. when I dial the second number its says I need to enter a 1.. but the one is there already... I traced the number to check what route patter is using.. and it's using the same route patter than other numbers that works... any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

What happens when you trace each of these numbers? Do they use the same route patterns?

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

- Epicurus

Hello SloTMS30

when I trace each number... they both use the same route pattern.. that is why it's even more hard because they it suppose to be working fine...

please advise!

You probably have a split area code. Some parts of the area code are considered local, while others are considered LD. Your Telco should be able to tell you which prefixes are considered LD.

You could then build an ARS table using the area code and prefix using a routing pattern you set up that automatically inserts a 1 and sends it to your LD trunks if you want transparency to the user.

Otherwise, tell them to dial a 1 !

Do you have an example to build the ARS and the router patter to automatically insert a 1?.. .I am sorry.. I am not really good on this thing of router-pattern.

Thanks again!

After rereading what you are experiencing, it may not be what I am suggesting. Can you put up a trace of the number that did go through and the trace of the number that didn't.

That will give us a bit more information to go on.

Hello ekowalick

Here is the trace of the number that works.

idle station 2630 cid 0x140
tone-receiver 01A0204 cid 0x145
active station 2630 cid 0x145
dial 91320632
route-pattern 10 preference 1 cid 0x145
seize trunk-group 15 member 3 cid 0x145
dial 9132063255
outpulse done 963255
dial 91320632556
dial 913206325567
active trunk-group 15member 3 cid 0x15

number that do not work

idle station 2630 cid 0x10d
tone receiver 01A0205 cid 0x119
active station 2630 cid 0x119
dial 91320266
route-pattern 10 preference 1 cid 0x119
seize trunk-group 15member 6 cid 0x119
dial 913202667885
outpulse done 92667885

And then it request to dial a 1 .. but the one was already dialed..

Any idea?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back