Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS issue on v7 (09) & (23)

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasiplanter

Vendor
Nov 15, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,
I have an issue on v7(23) whereby no ring tone is returned when dialling via ARS, however when making calls direct via the standard SC (? - . - Dial - Line Group 0) ring tone is returned as expected.

Has anyone else experienced any issues when routing calls via ARS.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

No, I have a few systems running that release all using ARS and ? shortcodes and ringtone is passed, both BRI and PRI.

If using ? . Dial to target ARS don't tick secondary dialtone :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Thankyou for your response amriddle01,

I am able to confirm that Secondary dial tone is disabled although i have enabled it (Network & System) in order to try and test, but the issue remains.

This customer has 6x Analogue trunks (Temporary whilst awaiting BRI2 installation), they also have a BRI GSM gateway connected via BRI4 Daughter card.

If the '07' Mobile calls are routed direct via SC to the Analogue line group, ring tone is returned as expected, but if if routed via ARS to Line group 10, you simply get silence, but the call does connect.

2, Direct '07' calls made into the GSM Gw also return ring tone as expected.

3, I have also set the '07' (mobile) ARS dial group to the analogue line group (group 0) as opposed to the GSM Gw group (group 10), this also returns Silence.

This is very unusual indeed.....

I will be returning to site and will post Monitor Results shortly.

again, thanks for your feedback.

I have tested the ARS form with the following SCs, both of which return the same 'Silent' results:

?
Dial

and

07N
Dial
07N [applicable for GSM Gateway]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back