Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS Digits Dialed Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

colpot

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
GB
Does anyone the maximum number of entries you can have on the 3300 Mxe 512mb on 8.0 SP2?

Help says if you get a message "There is no more room for new records" you may have exhausted the available allocation of digit or route termination blocks You can increase the number of units of digit blocks (max 41556)in Dimension Selection but I am trying to see if we might need to this as the Customer is looking to add approx. 2000 entries to the 60 already in there'
Current Dimension is showing
Digit Blocks (max=41556)
Unit Size 116
Default # of units 12056
Current # of units 12056
New # of units 12056

Thanks

Colpot
(Remember - If it aint broke - fix it till it is.)

2000 entries is well within the default settings
I'm curious why so many though.

Hi kwbMitel
They were using Speedcalls to reroute numbers to their new Mitel Setup so changing eg 1281 to 10201281 to then route via ars to the new controllers. Its a temp measure - moving extensions off an ISDX (which is DPNSS linked to an existing Mitel) and onto a new vMCD environment while numbers are being ported to SIP. They ran out of Speedcalls (3000) so we are suggesting they use ars for the rest of the users. (if that makes sense :) )

Colpot

Is 3000 the max number of speedcalls?

I remember some time ago I had to increase the number of speedcalls by modufying the system dimensions. I decreassed the dimensions of the hubt gruops and increassed the speedcalls.

However, something I don’t like to do again, I remember that when I had to upgrade I hace to install new version, modify dimebsions and then restore, cause the backup didn’t incude the changes on the dim and features.

Cheers

Daniel

Flexing the dimensions does have its drawbacks. Find features not in use, i.e. ACD AGENTS and reduce them first, then increase the SPEED DIALS. Be sure to make notes to other technicians so they know the system has been flexed, it creates huge problems when upgrading if you don't make adjustments in the process

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

If possible, I might have created a loopback trunk to add the prepending digits

Colpot,

We have a few ISDX's on our mitel and migrated to sip.

Just curious how your setup is at the moment, because we didn't have to do it your way.

Do you want to provide a diagram of your setup?

Hi meneerB
We have this working now - going to use the ARS until the iSDX's are turned off - was just checking we weren't going to run out of entries in the ARS form.
Thanks

Colpot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back