Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARS digits dialed configuration for 933 emergency test call

Status
Not open for further replies.

autoint

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2006
US
I'm using Flowroute with a Linksys by Cisco SPA8000 ATA, patched to a 3300 ICP + ASUs. In the Flowroute portal, on the E911 settings page, it states, "You can use 933 to make an E911 test call and verify the information that the emergency operator receives. Do not dial 911 to test your 911 service. Dialing 911 when there is no emergency may subject you to criminal penalties."
When I dial 9933 (9 for outside line + 933) from a Mitel 5215 IP phone, after a brief delay, I hear fast beep tones and it says INVALID on the display.
I changed SPA8000 dial plans for all lines and the trunks we use, to match 933. This made no difference. For the 3300, in System Administration > Automatic Route Selection (ARS) > ARS Digits Dialed Assignment, I added an entry for 933, like the one for 911:

e0iQzv8.png

Route Assignment for route number 9:

hpYlqYl.png

Digit Modification Assignment:

D2YqOL1.png

And finally, ARS Leading Digits Assignment:

vYk79PA.png

Adding the 933 digits dialed assignment made no difference (still results in INVALID). Any ideas/suggestions?

Thank you!

In the Digit Mod Ass you appear to be absorbing the 1st 9 which is the "access" digit and then inserting another one with a tone plan ?
Try removing <T01>9 from this form and the correct digits should be sent to line.

I'm fine with the Mod Digit setup but this assumes 933 is actually a valid dialable number in your area. That is a huge assumption

I notice you have not designated the Route as an emergency group, this will prevent the bells and whistles going off internally.

I suggest 411 as a replacement for 911

To make your Mod Digit more intuitive and understandable I would program as follows

[pre]
Table Absorb Insert Comment
9 3 <T01>911 Actual Setting
9 3 <T01>411 Test Setting
[/pre]

With the Test Setting as above, you can dial 911 on the phone but the system will dial 411 for the test. (you can actually put any number you like in the test)

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

@12345kevin, but of course! I forgot our system was programmed so we could simply dial 911 for emergency (no need to dial an access digit first; e.g. 9911). Your note was helpful. Dialing 933 with my settings worked (again, no need to dial access digit -- 9933).

@kwbMitel, helpful as always! :) I changed route 9 to type emergency, and configured a separate (non-emergency) route for testing (933). What exactly happens with the bells and whistles going off internally you mentioned? If I were to also configure my test route (for 933) as type emergency, is there any risk of notifying emergency services? Or are these bells and whistles only internal notifications? I see your point about making mod digit more intuitive, thanks for that suggestion!

Bells and Whistles

Designated consoles and IP sets can receive INTERNAL emergency notification that a call has taken place and advise of the source and time of the call. See Help files

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back