Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ars digit conversion 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

agiles64

Technical User
Jun 10, 2004
US
i am tring to make a 4 digit ext dial a number at another location into that vector. I get a slow bz when the ext is dialed. the cor and cos are correct

think we gonna need a little more info than that.......

If u are trying to ars digit conversion then I belive that u have to dial the ars code first. But maybe u are trying to use AAR?

My name is David, and I have approved this message.

P.S. And a message to all posters,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type and version of your voice mail and pbx systems and preview your post to clear up and correct English mistakes that could make your post not understandable. I

What about UDP. Set up a udp code to a route. In the route delete all digits and insert VDN.

Hope this helps

1a2 to ip I seen it all

ARS DIGIT CONVERSION TABLE

Matching Pattern Min Max Del
6969 4 4 4

Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req

17574135301 aar n n

this is what does not work.....
6969 is a ext in with a port ( does it matter ? ) the string is to a vector at a different location. I can direct dial from my ext and I have also tried to use other exts and it still does not work.......

any suggestions ?

ARS Digit conversion will be looking for you ARS access code usually 9. UDP is what you want.

UNIFORM DIAL PLAN TABLE
Matching Insert Node Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num
85795 5 1 144 aar n

AAR DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE
Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd

144 7 8 144 aar 1 n

Pattern Number: 144 Pattern Name:

Grp FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Inserted DCS/ IXC
No Mrk Lmt List Del Digits QSIG
Dgts Intw
1: 81 0 8 37977 n user

I hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

If u are only dialing "6969" without the ARS "9" then the call is never get to "digit conversion"

My name is David, and I have approved this message. If u vote for me I will bankrupt the nation, take your civil rights, and allow Cat Stevens to look at your emails.

P.S. And a message to all posters,if you want to get the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244 first. Also give the type and version of your voice mail and pbx sys

what would you suggest so it would get to the conversion ?
I tried all the other suggestions but still not working.

Did u try UDP?
Is the other site connected by a tie?

Matching Pattern Min Max Del Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req

6969 4 4 4 4 17574135301 ars y n

Do it like that. Then it will work.

Matching Pattern Min Max Del Replacement String Net Conv ANI Req

6969 4 4 4 4 17574135301 ars y n

Do it like that. Then it will work.

it still didnt work.........somthing is preventing it from going thru......any suggestions ?

Paste what you have on here. Let me take a look at what you are doing.

do you have ars or aar.

Do a trace on your station and see if the conversion takes place

ARS Digit Conversion will not work. You need Uniform dial plan. On the uniform dial plan you enter the 4 digit extension number you wish to change. In the Len field put 4 in the del field place 4 in the inserted digits place a 3 digit code to you will remember. In the net field place aar. Next step enter the command ch aar a followed by the 3 digit code you made up. In the Min Max place 10 10. In the route pattern place a route number you will define next. In call type place aar in node number leave default. Now enter the command ch ro followed bt the route number you put in above. In the GRP field place the trunk group number of your outgoing trunk or LD trunk group. In the FRL field I place a 0 so everybody can use it. The NPA PFX MRK HOP LMT and TOLL LST are all blank. In NO DEL DIGITS place 10 this will delete all digits. In inserted digits place the full number of the VDN at the other site (donot include the 9 but include the 1 if needed).

This has been working for me for years
Hope this helps
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Several replies above are correct (ARS is used when a user dial 9 + number. Without a 9 you can forget ARS).

Don't use ARS, UDP, AAR or PLO/CIA.

Just use remote coverage. Type Cha cov rem. Add the external number (Can't remember if you need a 9 or not.)
Then add a coverage path with r1 as the destination.

Change Coverage Remote
REMOTE CALL COVERAGE TABLE

01: 17574135301 16: 31:
02: 17: 32:

add coverage path next Page 1 of 1
COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: 4
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 2
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: r1 Point2:

Agiles64
why don't you use aar digit conversion as you are dialling an extension number and not out of the system.When you enter the imformation into the aar digit conversion screen
delete all the digits and replace with what you need to dial and make sure the type is set to ars
Thanks
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back