Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

array offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

wristdirect

Programmer
Mar 15, 2004
US
People have posted about this, but I'm not really getting what I want from the answers of their forums. When I boot up my computer (custom built, so I don't really know what forum to post it on) and it scans the IDE drives, it says that my 2 RAIDed 120mb hd's array is offline. I have tried simple things such as attempting to rebuild (which didn't work) the array, and unplugging and replugging the IDE cables and power cables from the drives, but no luck. Please help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

well it really should be posted in hard drive forum. But let me ask you how are they raided? as a 0? or a 1? does it boot into the os? As a guess I would say you lost a drive. what if you go into the raid config? have you tested the drives? Are the drives a matched set? same manu.,and model. did you remove the cables and mix them up? the drives have to be in the same place as when the array was created. When did it go offline? the fact you can't recreate the array points to a drive issue.

Raid0, and I can boot into the OS because I have a separate 45gb drive, which is my boot disk, along with some data. The drives are the exact same model and size, bought at the same time, and I made sure to not mix up the cables when disconnecting and reconnecting them. I shut down my box this last weekend when I went on a trip to Chicago, and booted it up when I returned home, and that was when it went offline. Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back