Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Array Configuration Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bod29

IS-IT--Management
Dec 13, 2002
GB
Hi all,

I've got a compaq DL360 server with the Compaq 5i array controller installed.

I recently had a disk failure and swapped it out, but I need to install the array config utility so I can access it from the desktop (remotely)

I downloaded and installed the utility from Compaq ( but it's saying that it needs device drivers installed locally - any ideas ??

cheers

What operating system are you using on your server?

-----------------------------------------------------
"It's true, its damn true!"

At a guess I would imagine it is looking for the Compaq server agents. If you download and install the latest Support Paq for your server from their site it should install all the agents you need to run the ACU. I think it also includes the latest version of the ACU that runs in a web browser.

Is there a way of running the ACU remotely? The link that you have posted is for the ACU that has to be installed on the server itself. Then you run the ACU on the server from within Windows.

"It's true, its damn true!"

To run ACU remotely you need to download and install ACU-Xe with the latest SupportPaq. Once you have done that and you run the app locally, you can specify to run it remotely. It then uses the Management screen for the host to access the ACU. e.g In explorer from a remote host, browse to and choose ACU-XE

Why do you want to start the ACU? If you configured the Array when you originally setup the server, the new disk will automatically add itself to the array and get the necessary information from the parity data on the other drives. Basically, "set it & forget it". The only reason I could see going back into the ACU is to redo the partitions, but if you have data on those partitions that you want to keep, don't delete the partitions!

It is always a "best practice" to install the Proliant Support Paq (PSP, which used to be the CSP, Compaq Support Paq, and before that, SSD and I can't remember what SSD stands for now, like Systems Software Disks. It's been a couple years.)

Thanks for the tips !!

The reason I was looking for this was because I remotely administer a server on a different site, that recently had one of it's hard disks fail (raided thankfully).

Once the new disk had been replaced by the staff in the office, I wanted to check to make sure that it was rebuilding and eventually that the hot spare had gone back to being just that.

I hadn't got round to trying that because the dial up service I use on it is slow and a pain in the neck.

Is the the only way to view the status of the disks in the array do you think ??

cheers
Roddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back