Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Array: building Group summary and Printing at the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayshah

Programmer
Sep 11, 2001
US
Hi

I am using Crystal report version 8.5 with MS SQL database.

I am trying to build a summary of group totals (Already printed at each group) and print the summary with group description at the end. One solution is to create sub report same as main report and suppress the detail and print. However, it will eat up the performance, I guess.
(Will subreport be too slow as compared to array?)

The second alternative is to build array with one row for each group and print the array at the end. However, I have never used array in Crystal.

I know it must be childs play for most of you but I am confused and need some help.

Thanks in advance

Resource 1 Billable Non-billable
Detail line 1 8.00 4.00
Detail line 2 9.00 3.00

Resource 1 total(Group) 17.00 7.00

Resource 2
Detail line 1 4.00 6.00
Detail line 2 8.00 0.00
Deatail line 3 12.00 0.00

Resource 2 Total (Group) 24.00 6.00

Summary
Resource 1 17.00 7.00
Resource 2 24.00 6.00

Maximum 20 Resources.

Are "billable" and "nonbillable" results from the same database field, eg.,{table.billstatus}? If so, you could insert a crosstab in the report footer with {table.resource} as the row, {table.billstatus} as the column, and {table.hours} (if these are hours you are summarizing) as the summary.

If they are from different fields, e.g., {table.billablehours} and {table.nonbillablehours}, you could use the running total editor to create each summary, e.g., choose {table.billablehours}, sum, evaluate based on a formula:

{table.resource} = 1 //change this for each summary for billable hours

Reset never. Repeat for nonbillable hours.

-LB

Hi-

Billable and non billable (and several other columns which are not shown in the example) are averages and not a part of table.

As explained, I wish to print summary at the end of report, May be in the footer section. So running totals may not help, I guess,

Thanks.

Ajay

You need to show us the how you arrived at your billable and nonbillable columns. If they are formulas, show the contents of the formulas.

Your example appears to show only simple sums--if you are looking for another kind of summary you should explain. Averages can be used as summaries in crosstabs and running totals can average fields, so these are still possible solutions, depending on what you are doing. But we don't have enough information yet...

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back