Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARN Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihiepler

Technical User
Jul 5, 2001
DE
I just bought a used ARN with TokenRing and 2 ISND BRI for my lab. After password recovery i can access the box via console. But now??? Do i need any other software to configure the box? I tried to do it over the console but can not find any (good) documentation) on the net. Can anybody help?

Ingo

first, boot the router to ti_arn.cfg which should be on the flash. next run inst_arn.bat, this will allow you to give the router an ip address and configure services. then you can configure it with BCC (Bay Command Console) or you need to get Site Manager, a GUI based program from Nortel that enables you to configure the routers.

Steven

thanks for your fast answer. Because of a lot of work this week please give me some time to figure out your tips.

Ingo

You will also need to run 2 commands, bconfig config local and bconfig image local. I do not remember if the install program have you do it.

This tells the router to look on the flash for the config and image files. It will make booting much quicker.

Have you done anything with the router yet, it's been 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back