Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARM Modems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I'm trying to install a HSP Modem Riser 56K modem, which slots directly onto the motherboard via an ARM slot. I have succesfully obtained the correct driver via the internet and installed it. The problem is that which ever communication port I have used, the error message "Could Not Open Port" comes up. I have configured various ports manually and assigned the modem to all possible ports and it just wont work. Any ideas please?

Hey dude your in luck. I run a computer store, and use those motherboards all the time. Couple questions. New operating system? Are you using a serial mouse at all? What model motherboard? sis 810? sis 598? sis 599? Try and disable the serial ports in bios, if you dont use a serial mouse, or any other serial ports. Make sure your installin the correct driver version (there are 2, one for win98 1st edition, and one for second), and when installing "pci communication device", do it thru the device manager in control panel, by right clicking the component, and clicking properties, then click driver, then click update driver. Good luck, write back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back