Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

argh, combobox focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariebmk

Programmer
Jun 26, 2003
US
Hello all. I'm going nuts with comboboxes. I have a flash form that loads in a scrollpane. I've made it so that the user can tab between all the items for easy data entry. I'm trying to get it so that if they tab to an item that is out of the current viewable area, the scrollpane automatically scrolls down (or up) to that object. I've done this for all the components by adding an on(focusIn) event which calculates where it is, and where the current viewable window is and such like that . . .it works all fine and dandy execpt for the comboboxes, which don't seem to respond to the on(focusIn) event. Does anyone know why this is, or another solution to this problem?

Thanks!

The combobox component also inherits the focusIn event. It should be working. I know that's not very helpful, are there any more details?

I wish there were . . .i'm using the exact same code that I am for the checkboxes, pushbuttons and text inputs, and it works there perfectly (well, as perfectly as I can without having the comboboxes do their part). I've tried both by doing the on(focusIn), attached to the box, and comboBoxName_cb.focusIn = function() . . . neither is accessed. Why would this be different than the others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back