Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are you interested in this forum?

Are you interested in this forum?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, waiting for puzzles posted

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Yes, and I would contribute puzzles

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Chris Miller

Programmer
Oct 28, 2020
DE
I think this forum is quite dead and may be closed/archived?
I may be part of this, repelling people, sorry if that's the case, but the post frequency was already low before tha last thread, too.

The one really nice puzzle for programmers site is [URL=']Project Euler[/URL], still up and running, their RSS feed tells the last puzzle (problem) was posted July 2024.
There are some yearly and programming contests lke Googles Code Jam, which I see now was discontinued in 2022. Is that a trend?

Well, to make it short, I'd like to take the opportunity to also test how polls work here and simply ask, how many are interested in this forum and if yes, would contribute puzzles or just wait for others to post puzzles.

I 'm afraid that I haven't got any bright ideas for puzzles to contribute to this site, but would still be interested if some new ones were posted. - Andrew M.

I always found this particular forum to be both thought provoking, as well as humbling.
I read the posts... ponder the answers... and realize you guys are WAAAAY smarter than I am. :D

We son't see many posts here, but those that do appear are usually interesting. and worth keeping. So, no, please don't close it - at least, not for the foreseesble future.

Mike

I check this forum from time to time. I'm not a big puzzle guy but will occasionally give one a try. I thought that the puzzle about escaping the island in the middle of the pond grabbed my interest, for instance.

So I think it's a healthy forum for Tek-Tips. But I would not be a contributor very often. I'm with gbaughma. You guys are way smarter than I.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back