Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are users connected to a VPN server in the same broadcast domain??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad1420

Technical User
Sep 28, 2004
US
The reason I ask is because some friends of mine are trying to figure out how to do a LAN gaming party over the Internet with games (i.e. Starcraft) that do not allow you to specify an IP address to connect to... instead you have to either run IPX or run IP but all computers must be in a broadcast domain for it to work. One of the guys is running Server 2003 which he thinks will allow multiple connections to the Windows VPN, but what I am curious about is if for example, five computers all connect to a Windows 2003 server over the Internet via the Windows VPN, while I am sure they would be each on the same broadcast domain with that server, would the five clients be able to broadcast past the VPN to the other connected clients for gaming purposes?

Does that make any sense? I know this isn't a serious request like most posts on the forums here, but I hope someone can see their way to pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back