Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are thing to fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunthnp

MIS
Dec 28, 2000
US
In 1985 you could buy the same computer that IBM made back in 1981 and in 1991 the 286 was still new and hot in ten years very little growth in computer for the public then, now at the end of 2001 intel will realse a 2 GHz cpu that over a 100 times growth rate.

back then a company made a new computer line a best ever two years look at apple or commandor(commandor did not put out a new line till 87 and the 64 came out 82 ) and IBM, but today it's at lest ever 3 months a company comes out with a hole new line.

users bought a new computer in the 80's ever 7 years the in the 90's ever 3 years and now about ever 2 soon we will need a new one ever week. I like change that is part of the reason I am in this field, but I worry about a back lash sooner or later. How fast can we go before the digital divide is to big, and WHAT is the answer? and what about all the resources used to make one and when done we just throw them away the say every ton to computers has 1000's of dollors worth of metals but noe can find a cheap way to get to it. So long and thanks for all the fish.

Hey Julie -

Were you ever a Hooters waitress?

Your tag line -

"Pointless, yet useless,"

reminds me of the Hooters motto -

"Delightfully tacky, yet unrefined!"

Please don't take offense - there's none intended.

BTW, I've always thought someone should open up an across-the-street competitive restaurant with a baking theme called "Buns". Whaddaya think?

Cheers, woggie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back