Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are there any SI tools to help with application integration? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterr

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2000
GB
My boss has asked me to identify any tools that may help with integrating and enhancing our Users applications.

We have acquired a number of subsidiary businesses with similar applications but do not want to migrate them onto a common solution.

The applications are bespoke, written in VB, Powerbuilder and Delphi and use either Ingres, Oracle or Sybase databases running on Unix, AIX and NT.

We would like to integrate the applications through a common User interface on the desktop and then develop new functions available to all Users but without replicating the development in each system. Furthermore, we would like to open up some functionality through the Web site.

Does anybody know of anything that may help me?

[sig][/sig]

There are several application integration tools out there - I'm not sure how extensive a solution you need - a web journal you may find ineteresting is eaijournal.com. Also you may have found some tools by now - I see your post is fairly old

Browse a few of these links. Be prepared to spend a little cash.

Best of luck!
VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com

I'm a software vendor ( but don't play in this space.

In a previous life I've worked with a company called NEON Systems ( who specializes in EAI.

You might want to take a look at them. They've got a cool new technology called "iWave".

--wd

Peter,

Right off the bat, let me tell you that I'm a software vendor. My company is Open Software Associates. I think our product, netDeploy Global, is right up your alley.

We've worked with other companies who are struggling with deployment and updates to both applications and data.

One of our enterprise customers is currently managing about 80 applications, some shrinkwrap, some custom code, and deploying and managing upwards of 17,000 desktops around the world.

Why don't you check out our website at and see how this solution fits your needs.

If you'd like more specific technical information or would like me to put you in touch with a consultant just send me an email --- william@osa.com --- and I'll have someone give you a call.

If we can help great, if not you haven't commited any resources.

--william davenport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back