Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are the A+ exams multiple choice or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

hchman

MIS
Mar 28, 2001
US
Are the A+ exams multiple choice or fill in the blanks?

The A+ exams are multiple choice (As of 2 years ago anyway) I know that CompTIA was thinking of doing an adaptive style test. But I am not aware if its been done. I took my A+ test 2 years go. So I had a multiple guess style test. As long as you have a good understanding of computer hardware and Windows 98/2000 you should do fine. James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

l'm new in IT field,l want to know where to start from and may be l can study on my own?.
dewale

When I took my A+ this year, it was adaptive. I had about 20-odd questions, then found I passed, on both the OS and Hardware core exams.

Now the Net+ exam, that's 70 questions, non-adaptive.

As of 8/6/2003 Tancy Stanbery, senior certification program manager for CompTIA announced that the company will no longer be using adaptive format for any of its certification exams. This change will happen on Sept. 12th when the organization takes the A+ exams back to linear format.

The A+ exams are multiple choice

They are designed to test 6 months of technical support experence.

They focus on terms, ports, memory, etc.

You should be able to study on your own by purchasing a book from Amazon (check out the user reviews before buying).

Good luck!

CJ

Don't drink and post, save that for driving home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back