Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are SPS required for CX400

Status
Not open for further replies.

jah29m

MIS
Oct 31, 2005
US
Hi, I'm very new to Clariion and have purchased a CX400 to setup. However I did not get the SPS. Is an SPS or redundant SPSs required for the CX400?

I have turned the power on and everything is running fine, however I can't connect to it over RS232. Is there a special cable that I need, or is this a result of not having the SPSs and therefore the system does not come all the way up?

Note, this is a single DAE with dual SP.

Thank you for any assistance!

Bueller.......Bueller..........Bueller

It should run fine with one SP however write cache will be disabled. Same thing if you don't have an SPS. No write cache. As for your RS232, do you have the correct cable and are you using the correct settings?

Thanks for the reply!

TBH I'm not sure if I do have the correct cable, would anyone have a model or type of cable I should use, I know there are several types around that have different pinouts.

As far as the settings, I tried different settings and I used a guide PDF straight off the EMC site for the cx series so I think they are ok.

I ordered a pair of SPS off ebay so I will be able to test further when they come in.

If I have to setup the Flare OS, how hard is that to do?

The cable is a standard null modem cable.
You only need this connection if you don't know the IP setup of each SP.
When you get in your SPS units they need to be connected to the SP's.
You don't have to setup the FLARE it is self discovering for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back