Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Are Certification books crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGoku

MIS
Apr 23, 2002
US
I went to a computer school called "Ameritrain" which cost me $10,000. The classes were way too short to cover every detail you need to know. The instructor did know his stuff but I think he got his training elsewhere. What is the real way of getting the information and knowledge besides those phony books?

"What is the real way of getting the information and knowledge besides those phony books?"
I think you have the wrong books. I use the Sybex MCSE and Mastering Windows 2000 Server (not to mention tons of others) religously, without them I think I'd be lost... Matt Wray
CCNA, MCP
mwray77518@yahoo.com

Besides my hands on experience I've always used the Sybex study guides with GREAT success.

It looks like you never entered a book store, Sybex is one of the major editors of computer related books. There website is The real way of getting information and knowledge is reading. Practicing the stuff you read will give experience!! S. van Els
SAvanEls@cq-link.sr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back