Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcseve2000 DrWatson on verify

Status
Not open for further replies.

patbuser

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2002
CH
Hi

We're running Arcseve2000 Ent. Edition with SP3.

IBM Netfinity
NT4.0 SP6a
Seagate DDS4
Adaptec 160 SCSI Controller

All drivers up to date.

Now there's a weird problem:

The asrunjob.exe task hangs with a Dr.Watson always when the Verify Job begins. Now, the weird thing about it is, that when I try it on a short job < 1 GB then everything works fine. But on bigger jobs it hangs always just when verify should begin. During the save everything works ok. No SCSI errors

We had EXACTLY the same problem on Arcserve 6.5. That was actually the reason why we upgraded to Arcserve2000. I've tried twice to uninstall Arcserve completely, incl. manual registry clean etc and reinstall it. I recreated the job from zero, I changed the tape drive, disabled all other running tasks like netshield, mailserver, just everything I could imagine, but it still doesn't work. CA support gave me some tips, like Dr. Watson patch, Advaned User rights for the backup user etc but it didn't help. Finally they told me to disable the verify option (haha joke!) :-/.

Does anybody know the problem? I'm very thankful for every tip.

Thanks

Patrick

Do you check the 'calculate and store CRC value' also in your backup job ?? Tried with and without this option ??
Any results from that ??

regards

No, it never was checked. Maybe I wanna check to see if it makes a difference, but I don't think it will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back