Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserver 6.61 for NT, Every Monday Skipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

mseling

IS-IT--Management
Jul 14, 2001
US
I currently have a new customer that is running three servers, all NT 4.0 with SP6. From a member server, they are backing-up the member server, PDC & BDC. They have budgeted for next year a 2000 upgrade and reconfiguration, but I need to come up with a fix to their current back-up problem. I have scheduled, re-scheduled and re-created a Monday - Friday back-up that seems to completely skip its back-up every Monday. There is no scheduled function that occurs exclusively on Monday or the weekend, included scheduled virus scans, virus def. updates, etc. Has anyone experienced this problem and found a solution.

Does it generate any kind of error in the log for Mondays backup. Also does it list this job as failed or cancelled?

I've encountered the same problem back some time ago. I noticed the same day of the week would fail so I changed that particular tape out for a new one in the 5 tape rotation and all was well.
You did not say if you are rotating tapes M-F. If so, then there is the problem. I hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back