Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve2000 Error E3711 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am running ArcServe 2000 on a Win2K server. It worked for a couple of weeks, then I began getting the following errors when I try to run a backup:

E6001 Error Erasing |
E3711 Unable to open session. (EC=MAXIMUM DEVICES REACHED)

I can format the tape successfully.
I can erase the tape successfully.
But when I try to run a backup I get the above errors.

I am using a Mammoth-2 tape drive.
I have replaced the tape and the tape drive and I get the same errors.

Any help would be appreciated.

I suggest checking the following:
Look in the ARCSERVE.LOG and see if there are license failure messages for Arcserve Components - if so, license the product with REGISTERIT.
Make sure you have applied SP2 for Arcserve 2000 for NT - link follows:

There are other patches on the link above, read the patch notes carefully and apply them in order by dependency and date of release.

Hi there

I have the exact problem but with a DELL Library and four drives in a SAN (the problem only appears on the distributed servers, not on the primary).

Any help?

kindest regards, storagedave

If you have a library with more that one drive, you need to install the Library option. This needs to be purchased/licensed separately.

It sounds like you had the option installed, but the grace period for licensing the software may have run out after a "couple of weeks".

If you have a license for the library option, apply it. If not, then it's time to get one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back