Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ARCserve won't stop a job 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

apollo46

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2005
US
I am running ARCserve 2000 on a Win2k Server. A daily backup had failed and after rebooting it started to run again. I cancelled the job; however, after many hours it never actually cancelled the job and the server froze. Upon rebooting it says the job is still active, though it hasn't run in several days. I try to delete or modify the job, it says it can't do that to an active job. I try to stop it, says that it failed to stop the job. Stopping the engines and trying gives me the same messages. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
-R

Have you tried stopping the engines by going into services on the server?

There have been several posts on this type of problem. It does happen on occassion. In Job Status screen you'll see the job #. Go to the 00000001.qsd file under arcserve and delete the 2 files with that job #. Then go back to job status and refresh the screen. The job will stop and say corrupted. Just delete it and set it up again.

Good luck,
Debi

Thanks to both of you!
Ouzojd, I had tried that but I doubled checked and they had restarted themselves.
Debijo, I followed your instructions and they worked like a charm!

I have 2 stuck jobs, and neither of them have an associated .qsd file. I am new to arcserve, please bear with me here. Thanks.

Kill the following programs in task manager:

RDS.exe
carunjob.exe

then you could turn off all the engines and delete the .qsd folder and restart the engines and resubmit the jobs.

It will not allow me to kill rds.exe. carunjob.exe is not there, and I have no associated files in my .qsd folder.

The 00000001.QSD directory MUST contain files, otherwise your job queue will be completely empty.
delete the J00000XX files that have a corresponding *.chk file in the 00000001.QSD directory. Then restart the engines

regards

I have the same setup as Apollo46 and My hobs are hanging in the job queue. I do know how to remove them. However, I need to know how to stop them from occurring.

Here is my event viewer log on the job in question:

Event ID: 0
Date: 11/17/2005
Time: 7:40:50 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TAPESRV
Description:
Job Id:3519
MUX: A job with JobNumber = 58, token = 0, which was joining Multiplexing tape has expired its joining duration of 1800 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back