Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Arcserve version 7.0 email notifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Apr 10, 2003
US
Im an Arcserve newbie, I want to set up arcserve v7.0 to email notifications when a job has been completed successfully or if it has failed, that sort of stuff.
Windows NT4.0
Arcserve Verseion 7.0
Build 1110
How do I go about on doing this, Help option is not helping at all.
Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Yes this can be done two ways as far as know, is to use the in-built alert messenger which needs an exchange server to fire emails. Alert Messenger can also be good for setting up snmp alerts aswell, you might want to have a look at that.

The second way, is to right a batch file that sends an email out using the utility blat.exe, then modify your job, under pre/post options you can tell it to run this file when the job fail/incomplete/finishes, tick the appropiate, and make sure you have got the correct path to the batch file and that's it really.

Hope this helps you out.

I'll use the Alert messenger option, is it easy to set up?
do you know of any documentation I can download to accomplish this?
Thank you for your response.

Hi there

You can find documentation on the CA's support site, there maybe people on this forum who maybe able to give you a more in depth guide to it's use.

Hi there... try using BLAT provided you have an SMTP gateway to use.
The BLAT can be called from Arcserve as a post-execution of the backup and depending on the result of your backup you can tailor your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back