Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe V9 Multistreaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

genexxa

IS-IT--Management
Mar 19, 2003
CA
Hi,

i currently trying to configure the multistreaming on one of my server and i have no idea where to start from..

can ou help me??

Thank you!!

Stop trying. ARCserve cannot multistream in any way. Just split your backup jobs according to the amount of tape drives you have available in order to use them altogether in the most efficient way

regards

Are u sure about that??? because in one of my white paper i can clearly read that ArcServe V9 can do multistreaming.

Thank you

Well, in that case..what white paper do you mean and what exactly do you understand under multistreaming ??

regards

I have had no success in trying to configure ARCserve to do multi-streaming either... My Veritas NetBackup handles it just fine...

Brantley

genexxa,

The multi-streaming needs multiple tape drives so you can write to more than one tape at a time.

I´ve been using it in BS, where the only problem is that you need to manually balance the job sizes so that they aren´t all going only one library ( I have 3 jobs going, the first one taking longer than the second, so the second drive is doing about 50% data that the first one... it needs some work yet)

Can you post that paper about the ARCserve multi-streaming? I used version 7.0 and nowhere in the manuals did it show that there was a miltistreaming feature.

D.

HI , Brightstor arcserve backup is not multistreaming ready.
the only CA backup product that works fine with multistreaming is Brightstor Enterprise backup .

You can still packages jobs to run at the same time though if you have free devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back