Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe v9 for Linux: camediad unale to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

ooisk44

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
SG
I am using BrightStor ArcServe v9 for Linux on RedHat 8. It has been running fine for a few months. Now I unable to backup data to the existing Dell PV100T DDS4 tape drive.

When I tried cstop and the cstart I get an error starting camediad with the error code of 111. Does anyone have a clue on how to solve this problem?

Any help appreciated.

ooisk44

Yes, csetup has been completed successfully (a few months ago) and Ingress has also been installed. The 'cstart' command was working from day one. However, after a few months of trouble free function camediad was unable to startup successfully. Returned error code 111. Do you think if I run csetup again it will help?

I confirmed that cstart is successful by checking on the cstatus command which gave at least one PID for each daemon.

Is there a reference guide/document for the error code used by BrightStor ARCServe for Linux v9?

Many Thanks

I have the same problem. I also have a problem when I start Arcserve for linux after swapping tapes, arcserve stops recognizing any of the tapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back