Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ArcServe v9 and Domino Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

frl

Technical User
Jul 28, 2003
US
I know there are some ArcServe experts here so here is my question:
We have a Windows 2000 Server with Domino 5.0.12 running on it. We do backups with ArcServe v9 with agents for Open Files and Lotus Notes Agent.
My question is do we need to re-install or re-configure the ArcServe before we upgrade the Domino from 5.0.12 to 6.5.1

Thanks in advance!

After the upgrade run a test job via the Notes DB Agent, then if needed reinstall just the db agent.

ck for ARCserve updates.

Thanks for the reply. On the CA website there is a BrightStor ARCserve Backup, v9 for Windows Compatibility Matrix. For the Backup Agent for Lotus Notes/Domino it is:

BAOF version supports Lotus Notes 4.1 through 6.0
NA version supports Lotus Notes 5.0 through 6.0, and 6.5.

We currently use BAOF version. Do I have to un-install and re-install just the Lotus Notes Agent, the NA version?

Thanks!

Basically, yes. But be careful on your notes version, CA can be really picky on this in case you have to utilize their support.
If they have the matrix point to version 6.5 and not 6.5.x you may end up them (support) telling you that it's not supported.

Cheers
saop

Thanks saop.
To tell you the truth this board and people here are way better support then the CA :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back